In cooperation with the Chicago Cuttin’ Crew we are pleased to announce the fourth annual Trek CXC Cup Junior
Girls Cyclocross Clinic. Racine, Wisconsin native Kaitie Antonneau who won last year’s Trek CXC Cup C1 race will be leading this course pre-ride with junior girls. Kaitie, who got her start racing cyclocross in Wisconsin and in Chicago, will provide tips and tricks to help junior girls build confidence on the Trek CXC Cup course.
- When: Friday, September 16 at 5.30pm. The clinic will last 1 hour with some time for questions for Kaitie.
- Where: Trek CXC Cup at the Trek Bicycle headquarters in Waterloo, Wisconsin. Clinic check-in will take place at the Regional Trailhead Building located across the street from the start/finish (address is 760 McKay Way, Waterloo, WI).
- Cost: FREE but space is limited so please pre-register.
- You must be:
- A junior girl aged 9-18
- EXCITED ABOUT CYCLOCROSS!
- You must bring:
- A cyclocross bike (preferred) or Mountain Bike.
- A helmet.
- A USAC license (if you don’t have a license you can purchase a one day license online when registering or day of)
- What to expect:
- Doing drills and skills on the challenging UCI course set up for the weekend’s racing to prepare you to get out and race.
- Multiple time (junior and U23) National Champion, and 2015 World Cup podium finisher Kaitie Antonneau (Cannondale Cyclocrossworld) who won the UCI C1 race at the Trek CXC Cup in 2015.
- PIZZA. We know you’ll be rushing out to the clinic after (or during) school on Friday so we will provide water and snacks for the riders after the clinic. If you have any dietary restrictions please email Maria and the Chicago Cuttin’ Crew at email@example.com
- In addition to the clinic Juniors have the opportunity to race in the 20 minute Junior races which are split up into 2 year age groups or in a longer 30 minute race for any girl 18 & Under who would like a bigger challenge. Junior girls are also able to race the Category races. We encourage you to give it a try!